As we come to the end of another year it’s a perfect opportunity to reflect on your highs and to take stock of some of the decisions you’ve made over the past year. Great businesses celebrate the achievements of their people, so why not give yourself a few moments to celebrate your personal successes.
Give yourself 30 minutes with a blank sheet of paper and free-flow your thoughts as you answer the following questions (without censoring!)
- What am I most proud of?
- What has been the biggest stretch for me?
- What did I set out to do and achieved?
- What remains to be done for me to feel complete/ done?
- What did I create this year?
- What was my biggest ‘aha moment’?
- Who or what surprised me the most this year?
- If I were to give myself an award, what would the category title be?
- How have I changed / developed / grown this year?
- What am I most thankful for?
A quote from one of personal heroes, Oprah Winfrey – “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate”. Whilst, some people shy away from blowing their own trumpet, most of us like to feel appreciated and rather than waiting for someone to spot you doing great things, take this time to reflect and celebrate your own successes. Who knows what successes you’ll be celebrating next year!
If you have enjoyed this personal reflection, then you’d probably like coaching. Get in touch for a free sample session today.